Sunday, October 16, 2011

Silence (Hush, Hush Book 3) by Becca Fitzpatrick

Here is the summary copied from goodreads.com:
The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.


My Review:
I have really enjoyed this series so far, I think I like each book more and more. So I was surprised and a little excited when I found out that this is not the last book of the series (as I had thought) but that there is still another one to follow. I look forward to that one, as this one ends with a lot of questions about what will happen next.


This story starts out with Nora being held prisoner, and while she is later released (thanks to Patch) her memory has been erased. She can not remember the last 5 months, and therefore, has forgotten her entire relationship with Patch. I was having a hard time remembering the details of the first two books, since it had been so long since I'd read them. But since Nora didn't remember any of those details either I didn't feel too behind. As Nora relearned her past, it helped me to remember too, so thanks for that review Becca Fitzpatrick.


This book brings the conflict between Archangels, Fallen Angels, Nephilim, and some Humans all together! Nora and Patch each have their own causes to support but above all, they support each other first. The love story part in this book is cute and sweet. It's hard to believe that as much as Patch (or Jev, as we might call him in this book) loves Nora, this all started out with him wanting to kill her... seriously... but oh well now it's a nice love story. (Between an immortal, therefore old fallen angel and a 16, or now 17 year old girl. I will only be creeped out by that for a little bit longer) Patch really comes through for Nora in this book, he sacrifices a lot for her, and goes through a lot of pain to benefit her.


I really do like this series and I think that Silence might be the best one so far. I am rooting for Nora and Patch and hope that in the end, there can be some kind of peaceful happy resolution for all human to angel, and anywhere in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment