Monday, October 17, 2011

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

Goodreads Summary:
Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion . . . she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit -- more sparkly, more fun, more wild -- the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood. 


My Review:
I <3 this book! I really loved Anna and the French Kiss and was hoping that I would feel the same way about Stephanie Perkins' second book. This definitely lived up to my hopes and dreams. This book makes me smile. If you've read and loved Anna and the French Kiss you'll know what I mean. If you haven't read it. Go read it!!


Lola is quite the unique character. She lives in San Francisco and is raised by her two gay dads. Her birth mother (the sometimes drug addicted, sometimes homeless sister of one of her dads) is not a welcome visitor in her life. Lola is happy and fun and quirky and she dresses every day in a different costume. I don't want to go too much into the story of the book but just with keeping those facts in mind you can see how this is a unique girl. I really liked the characters -- even the less than perfect ones. I was excited to see ANNA and ETIENNE ST CLAIR make their appearances in the story as well. I just think the love story is so cute and fun to follow.  I can't wait to see what happens in the next book (Isla and the Happily Ever After) and I really hope that we will get to see a bit of Lola and Cricket and what is to come for them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment