Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Ashbury/Brookfield Books by Jaclyn Moriarty



 

Book 1: Feeling Sorry for Celia
Book 2: The Year of Secret Assignments (Published in Australia as Finding Cassie Crazy)
Book 3: The Murder of Bindy Mackenzie (Published in Australia as Becoming Bindy Mackenzie)
Book 4: The Ghosts of Ashbury High (Published in Australia as Dreaming of Amelia)

(The author is Australian and that is why her books are first published there. I don't know why the names were changed for the Americans?)

I just finished reading The Year of Secret Assignments in this series and I just want to take a moment to express how much I love this series... I really love these books!

Actually I haven't read book 3 yet (I know once I read it then there are no more to look forward to, so I'm saving that one for later, so I have something to really look forward to. I don't know how long I'll hold out!)

I didn't read them in the right order, but that's ok because they are companion books rather than a chronological series. All of them take place at Ashbury High (a private high school) or Brookfield High (the closest public high school) Many of the characters are the same throughout the 4 books but book tells the story of someone different.

These stories are all told through letters, emails, meeting notes, bulletins, and other written correspondence. I love how they are different from your average novel in that way.

These stories are HILARIOUS! but always have a serious issue that is addressed and resolved in one way or another. The humor in these stories is perfect. I find myself holding in my laughter when I am reading in public, but sometimes I just can't help it... and my laughter escapes. When I am reading in the privacy of my own home I don't hold back and there are a lot of laughs.

I wish my life were as fun and funny as these books. I wish there were a never ending supply of books in this series for me to enjoy forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment