Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Graceling Series by Kristin Cashore




It's been a while since I've read an entire series in a row without reading books in between. Usually it's because I have to wait for the next book to come out but also it's because I don't want to have the same story on my brain without a break. In the case of this series I was smart enough to wait until the third book had already come out before I started the first one. I enjoyed it so much that I just kept reading until I had finished all three books. 

I don't read too many books in this genre (Fantasy?) the last ones I remember of this style was the Poison Study series. I liked that series but I think this one was definitely better.

I really like the characters. Each book has a different main character. There is a wide range of strengths and abilities between Katsa, Fire, and Bitterblue but they are all 'good guys' so it's easy to want the best for each of them.

I liked the different 'graces' (special powers.. think X-Men??) that were included in the stories and how they were useful in the story. Fire's case was different as she was not 'graced' with her power but rather she was a different species or something. Either way she was cool, I liked her a lot. The stories have a lot of imagination.

This is just me rambling about how I like the books and I think I'm just going to leave it at that for now but what I will say is that the writing is consistent throughout the series so I feel if you like one book you will like all three. Each story is as good as the last, which was definitely appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment