Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine


I just finished reading book #11 in this series Last Breath which is the latest release (I only included the image of #12, Black Dawn so that there wouldn't be a big blank space in the picture above! But I look forward to reading that one when it comes out)

I started this series based on the recommendation of a friend. I do love a good vampire story but I didn't have the highest of hopes. After reading the first book I thought that the story seemed interesting enough to continue the series, but I didn't know how far in I would follow. Well, I obviously have stuck with it all this far and am eager to read any more releases to come in this series! I heard that the author has signed on to write up to book 15 which would give us three more books than the ones pictured above.

What I love about this series, are the great characters on both the human and vampire side of things. I love the residents of the Glass House, and I really love Myrnin. I love the humor in the books and the moments where I am laughing. All of these books are fast, easy reads and I know the level at which I will be entertained every time I've decided that it was time to read the next Morganville Vampire book.

Last Breath was not a disappointment in any of what i have come to expect. I liked that this book took a few twists and turns in a direction from where the books usually go. There was a few different narratives used in the story, and tragedy hits even closer to home than in past books... and as per usual, this one ends in a bit of a cliffhanger, but not in a painful way. So I am grateful for that!

I could totally see this as a television series, and I would watch every episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment