Sunday, September 25, 2011

3 Month YA Reading Challenge

I finished my 2011 YA reading challenge a bit early so I looked online for another one to participate in just until the end of the year. I decided to go with this one (I have slightly modified the challenge) I am adding in the book covers as I complete them.
Duration: September 1, 2011 - November 30, 2011.
You have 3 months to read 10 YA books that satisfy following requirements:
All finished as of 10/18/2011


I've heard that people either LOVE or HATE this book. I guess I love it, because I definitely didn't hate it. It made me laugh. I don't know that I was able to fully appreciate it for it's literary brilliance or whatever. I don't love all of the content either. But for some reason the Holden's voice of narration was just funny and entertaining to me. 
After finishing the Vladimir Tod series, I was interested in finding out the other side. This book starts out around the same time as The Chronicles of Tod (8th Grade, I believe) and it was interesting to see where Joss got his passion for slaying vampires. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but there were some characters that I didn't expect to see in this series and it kind of intrigues me, makes me wonder where things will go...
Reviewed 10/4/11**
** Full review posted 10/1/11**
** Full review posted 10/17/11**
Jaclyn Moriarty is brilliant and I loved this book! I hope she writes many more!

What can I say? I love everything Rachel Vincent writes! This book did not disappoint! I was definitely surprised by where she took the story... it was a direction I would never have predicted. I am excited to see where it goes from here. I'm a little sad that each book takes me 2 days to read and then I'm left waiting another 11 months or so for the next one, but I am definitely eager to continue in the torture.
This one might be a stretch -- but Michael Glass is one of the main characters, and he is also a musician. :)
This was a really good collection of stories. I found myself bored by a few of the stories written by authors who are new to me. I'm sure if I read those authors' works first and then go back to the short stories it would be a different experience. Maybe that's what I'll do. There were a few, however, that were entertaining and great read's whether or not they go along with a series unfamiliar to me. But as far as the authors I already know and love, I really enjoyed those entries. It is always nice to get a little more insight to a back story or to a character's character. It always makes me wonder if the short stories work themselves in so perfectly because that's the way the author always imagined things to be or if they have to make up a story and make it fit in with what's already been written. Hmmm.. I'm no author myself so maybe I'll never understand.
Ok so I'm not only reading this for the cover, this is the 3rd book in a series and I've read the first two before this. But I do think the cover is great, and also I might have only started this series based on the cover of the first book, so I think it still counts.  ** Full review posted 10/16/11**

No comments:

Post a Comment