Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Found in Translation by Roger Bruner


I don't mean any disrespect to the author, but I'm not sure that this guy (on the right) should be writing a novel from the perspective of a teenage girl. For me it didn't really work. I could have finished the book, I'm sure, but I ran out of desire, so I didn't. It was not a realistic perspective of a teenage girl. I felt like a lot of the ways that the author tried to incorporate people of non-white races was sometimes awkward and uncomfortable. There were things that were super exaggerated that in real life would not have been a big deal, and other things that should have been given more attention that were barely mentioned. I only read the first half, hopefully the last half was better.

Score: I didn't like it

No comments:

Post a Comment